• Mickey Munroe








    If Truman Capote and John Waters ever conceived a sassy baby together the end product would probably be my friend Mickey Munroe. We initially met when he contacted me to be involved in The Marilyn Project and the first time we actually spoke in person I was dressing him in my mother's evening robe, painting his face while asking him to channel Marilyn Monroe. He gave me what was probably the best feedback I got from that entire series which was he thought from viewing the work the objective was about what it feels like to be a girl.
    What made Mickey different to me than most people involved in the Cleveland art scene was he had a frame of reference for his opinions and was knowledgeable about what he was discussing in general. And when he brought up Nan Goldin's early work I knew we were going to be friends.

    0 comments: