• I slash and I cut and I do it for you


    I of course did not win the Student Slideshow @ MOCA. The top award went to a guy who paints Plastic Surgery Disasters and Burkas over statues and other people who take their art very seriously(i.e. not me). I couldn't give less of a fuck about winning with the exception of not getting the money! I don't need people to validate what I do, but damn that $150 could have went far. The event itself was a blast and I was really happy for the opportunity to share my photos with people and touched by all my friends and family who came out to support me. I got to wear a nice dress, eat free food, talk about erotic photography with my family, and share my photos with people. This will come as no surprise to anyone who reads this, but I also made an ass of myself. A guy came up to me after the show and told me how much he liked my presentation and I got to talking about the other artists going over my head, and what the fuck was that shit with the burkas? And how that guy gave a dissertation about his art and I still had no fucking clue what I was hearing or looking at. He laughed and walked away. Much later my friends told me I was talking to the artist who gave that presentation.



    2 comments:

    Page said...

    You made Momma proud! (on all fronts...you didn't make an ass of yourself, dear, you spoke your mind. NEVER apologize for that!)


    Page ;)

    AlenaRosa said...

    I was an ass about giving my opinion when no one had asked me, but thank you very much for the support.