• The Past is a Grotesque Animal.



    If someone would have told me this week I would be grabbing lunch with Joe, I would have surely advised them to put down the pipe, but sometimes life moves in strangeways. We haven't spoken since New York 07 and I was quite convinced we were never going to speak again. He called me this week and asked me to go to lunch and after thinking of every reason to decline I just said yes. Meeting up with him was an important reminder of how grateful I am for every person who has come into my life particularly in the past four years. I needed to be reminded of all the lessons I have learned and the humanity of people who have hurt me. My friendship with Joe was probably the one of the most meaningful of any I ever had. And even though we fell out nothing could ever negate that. The more I make peace with my past, the more excited and focused I am about my future. I used to think life was a bitter pill, but it really is a grand old time.





    0 comments: