• Upon this tidal wave of young blood












    These photos are a celebration of youth. I was cleaning out my room in order to simplify the process when I move and came across a stack of old journals that covered the past 4 years of my life and was gobsmacked at the things I wrote. My juvenile half-hearted declarations of love and lust were alternately embarrassing and hilarious, complete with a list of all the people I want to make out with before I die. The themes of loneliness, depression, isolation, heartbreak were present in abundance, but what made me sick to my stomach was the realization of how much of my youth I took for granted. I spent my 20th birthday crying over cake and later cutting myself feeling incapable of feeling anything. I hate the idea of how much of life I have wasted being sad and the impact depression has had on how I see the world. Instead of feeling defeated by this I am currently more determined to seize life by the fucking throat and take it for all it is worth.







    0 comments: